Researchers and electronics engineers across the globe are working to find new ways to support the healthcare industry in combating the COVID-19 disease. Abracon has seen rapid customer demand for parts for critical medical equipment such as ventilators, clinical testing devices and patient monitors.
The COVID-19 pandemic is exposing needs for both wired and wireless connectivity solutions, and IoT devices for digital diagnostics and medical monitoring remain at the immediate forefront of discussion.
More than 50 percent of electronic designs include antennas that support WiFi/Bluetooth because these protocols are ideal for short range networking and device-to-device communications. WiFi/BT chip antennas serve as unique solutions for devices aimed at allowing medical professionals to wirelessly monitor patients from a safe distance.
For example, Bluetooth transmits health-related data from smart monitoring devices, such as glucose meters or smart watches, to a WiFi-enabled IoT device that sends diagnostic information to a medical provider via the Cloud.
Chip antennas provide selectivity and efficiency benefits. They offer less sensitivity to PCB design changes than PCB trace antennas, so different design configurations are possible.
The following WiFi/Bluetooth chip collection showcases the most compact, highest gain and lowest profile selections available for industrial, scientific and medical ISM applications. Dual-band options are also featured. Ideal applications include wearables, motion monitoring systems, medical machines, AR/VR and drones.
- Has the most common layout, is cost competitive and has high gain (5.19 dBi)
- Provides higher performance specifications for applications needing higher gain, a wider operating temperature and lower VSWR potential
- Supports the WiFi, Bluetooth and ISM protocols
- Ideal for wearable monitoring, smart medical testing devices, AR/VR and drone devices
- The most compact, low profile solution that also maintains a high gain
- Requires only small GND clearance and GND plane
- Supports the WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE and ISM protocols
- Ideal for ultra-compact Wearables and other space constrained IoT devices
- A low profile solution that supports size-constrained designs requiring dual-band coverage
- Supports the ISM, Bluetooth and dual-band 2.4/5.5 GHz WiFi protocols
- Ideal for Broadband connectivity, drones, AR/VR and Wearables
- A high gain solution that supports ISM, Bluetooth and 2.4/5.5 GHz WiFi
- Well suited for designs that require high gain and dual-band coverage
- Ideal for point-of-care testing equipment, broadband connectivity, drones and AR/VR
- A combination antenna that supports LoRa (868, 915 MHz), NB-IoT (824,960 MHz), 2.4 GHz WiFi, Bluetooth and ISM coverage
- Allows long-range patient monitoring applications, supports group-level network monitoring and extends battery life of devices
- Requires significantly less input power than other chip solutions, offering up to 60% and 55% efficiency rates at 791 MHz and 824 MHz while having a wide band response between 698 MHz - 960 MHz and 824 MHz – 960 MHz, 2400 MHz – 2500 MHz
- Ideal solution for daily remote monitoring, patient tracking, asset tracking, temperature monitoring devices and other network devices
- A high gain combination antenna that supports GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and ISM applications
- Supports patient monitoring and social distance tracking
- Ideal applications include fitness trackers, patient tracking, surgical robotics and intelligent patient beds
Abracon offers evaluation boards for many of its chip antenna solutions. The evaluation boards allow engineers to directly plug an antenna into the test equipment or application device to measure its performance without considering the layout details and matching on the end board
Visit Abracon’s parametric system to learn more about the available chip antennas and evaluation boards. View the Interactive Antenna Catalog to see Abracon’s full range of wireless connectivity solutions.
About Abracon, LLC | The Heartbeat of the IoT™
Abracon, LLC is a leading global manufacturer of passive and electromechanical timing, synchronization, power, connectivity and RF solutions. The Abracon, LLC family of brands includes Abracon, ILSI, Ecliptek, MMD and Oscilent. Abracon supports go-to-market needs by reliably supplying the most advanced components that tackle the toughest design challenges. Focused on quality and innovation, Abracon helps engineers transform their ideas into products that meet the opportunities of tomorrow. The company is ISO9001-2015 certified with design & application engineering resources in Texas and sales offices in the US, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Scotland, Israel, Hungary, UK, and Germany. Abracon’s products are offered through its global distribution network.
For more information about Abracon, visit www.abracon.com.
READ MORE ARTICLES