The world is changing at a rapid pace with 5G Communications being at the forefront of connectivity. 5G is the latest in telecom standards —enabling the wireless connection of many items and products, known as the “Internet of Things” (IoT). Before 5G, we were familiar with the 4G and 4G LTE cellular network, connecting people via our Smart Phones and other Smart Devices.
Compared to 4G / 4G LTE, the 5G network offers fast data transmission that supports high power systems needing to deliver large amounts of data. 5G data rates reach up to 10 Gbps, which is a hundred times faster than the current 4G technology and provides a much lower latency (delay) compared to 4G LTE— allowing Mobile Gaming and other use-cases where lower-latency is important, or in many other cases, critical. The use-cases are seemingly endless, as 5G provides benefits for healthcare, smart city, transportation, industrial automation, M2M, and other large-scale data applications.
Given the broad range of applications and performance requirements, selecting the optimal protocol or set of protocols is one of the most important early decisions in the design process for any IoT device. The system engineer must consider the speed, reliability, security, and scalability to determine the suitable protocol. However, the primary decision factors are range, data rate and energy consumption.
Abracon’s portfolio of Timing & Frequency, RF & Antennas, and Inductors and Connectivity product provide ideal solutions for 5G communication applications. As a leading supplier of crystals, clock oscillators (XOs), antennas, inductors, and connectors (RJ45) for the Network Infrastructure, these solutions are used in the Data Center servers, Connected Devices, and the routers and switches in-between.
Timing & Frequency
- Abracon has precision timing crystal oscillators (XOs) such as Temperature-Compensation Crystal Oscillators (TCXOs) and Oven-Controlled Crystal Oscillators (OCXOs) which are well-suited for the Timing Reference Clock requirements in timecards, servers, switches, and routers.
Inductors and Connectivity
- Abracon’s RJ45 connectors are available in a wide variety of parameter combinations to meet your exact requirements and product design.
- There is the choice of with or without magnetics, data rates 10G Base-T, 5G Base-T, 2.5G Base-T, 10/100/1000 Base-T and others, LED color choice, right-angle or vertical orientation, 0 to 70C and -40 to 85C (extended operating temperature) and gold plating options.
- Further options include multi-port 1x2 or 1x4 modules for an efficient design.
- Abracon’s inductor products that can support 5G to meet the power needs also include common mode chokes for filtering signal line noise, and ferrite beads for dissipating noise.
RF & Antennas
- Abracon has the world’s widest range of industry leading antenna and filter solutions with external IP67 rated solutions for cellular (combo 2G, 3G, 4G LTE and 5G NR (FR1) bands, CBRS, combination/ multiprotocol antennas, and high-performance MIMO antennas.
- Other form-factors include, stamped metal antennas, chip antennas, niche antennas and internal flexible PCB antennas with cable and SMA connector which are ideal for use-cases such as multiband Smallcells.
- The patented Niche™ antenna solutions and the OnBoard™ SMD antenna are ideal for uses in small size, high volume designs where a small overall size is required such as found in many IoT modules.
As Telecommunications evolves, Abracon remains at the forefront of emerging technologies to support innovative designs. For more insights on 5G communications and Abracon’s products please visit:
About Abracon, LLC | Innovation For Tomorrow's Designs
Founded in 1992, Abracon, LLC is an industry leader in passive components, providing frequency control & timing devices, RF & antenna, and inductor & connectivity solutions through a global distribution network. Headquartered in Spicewood, Texas, Abracon has sales, engineering, and operations teams around the globe. With service, quality, and technical expertise at the company’s core, Abracon powers the AEL Crystals, Ecliptek, Fox, ILSI, and the ProAnt brands while enabling innovative, connected IoT solutions in markets spanning communication, transportation, industrial, medical, consumer, aerospace & defense, and beyond. Learn more at www.abracon.com.
READ MORE ARTICLES