Irvine, CA – Abracon has introduced its new ultra-low power Real Time Clock module, AB-RTCMC-32.768kHz-IBO5-S3, with I2C interface.
This device is designed to reduce the overall system power consumption with its innovative timing and power management features.
This device has ultra-low current consumption (XTAL Mode: 60nA typ. @3.0V; RC Mode: 17nA typ. @3.0V; RC Autocalibrated Mode: 22nA typ. @3.0V), which allows the system designers to use inexpensive ceramic capacitors instead of supercapacitors for several hours of backup time. When longer backup time is required, designers can take advantage of much smaller supercapacitors and batteries to reduce system cost.
Additional value-added features include Alarm, Interrupt, Countdown Timer, Watchdog Timer, Power Management with Power-Switch, Trickle Charger, Automatic Switchover to backup supply voltage and general purpose RAM.
This device is available in a compact 3.7 x 2.5 x 0.90mm hermetically sealed package, with built-in quartz crystal.
Typical applications include keeping network time in communications devices, allowing time backup in smart meters and sensor networks, and preserving time and critical application data when replacing the battery in consumer medical devices.
- Ultra-Low current consumption
- XTAL Mode 60nA typ. @3.0V
- RC Mode 17nA typ. @3.0V
- RC Auto calibrated Mode 22nA typ. @3.0V
- RTC module with built-in crystal oscillating at 32.768 kHz
- Operating voltage: 1.5–3.6V
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C
- Factory calibrated Time accuracy ±2.0ppm typ. @ 25°C
- Automatic Battery Switchover,
- Trickle Charger, Power Management & Power Switch Function
- Programmable CLKOUT frequencies
- I2C Bus Interface (fast mode 400kHz)
- Time keeping mode down to 1.5 V
- Programmable Alarm, Timer and INT
- Up to 512 Bytes of general purpose RAM
- Small and compact package size: 3.7 x 2.5 x 0.9 mm. RoHS-compliant & 100% lead free
- Smart cards
- Wireless sensors and tags
- Medical/Healthcare electronics
- Sports and fitness electronics
- Smart Utility meters
- Data loggers
- Tracking systems
- Home security systems
- Industrial and Consumer electronics
- Communications equipment
Abracon Datasheet Link:
READ MORE ARTICLES