Austin, Texas – Abracon, LLC (Abracon), The Heartbeat of the IoT®, a leading global manufacturer of frequency control, timing, synchronization, RF, connectivity and power solutions, is pleased to announce new additions to the AWCCA line of transmitter and receiver wireless charging coils.
The newly released coils target applications requiring 15-20 watts. Ideal end-use products include consumer electronic devices, medical monitoring and wearable devices, charging accessories and fast chargers, power supplies, and batteries and battery chargers.
|Abracon Part Number||Application||Dimensions (mm)||Inductance (μH)|
|AWCCA-RX300200-102||RX Coil||Ø30.0 x 2.0||6.3±10%|
|AWCCA-RX404012-102||RX Coil||40.0 x 40.0 x 1.2||8.0±10%|
|AWCCA-RX483205-103||RX Coil||48.0 x 32.0 x 1.6||14.5±10%|
|AWCCA-RX514012-F003||RX Coil||51.0 x 40.0 x 1.2||8.5±10%|
|AWCCA-TX520350-F001||TX Coil||Ø52.0 x 3.5||10.0±10%|
|AWCCA-TX523517-102||TX Coil||52.0 x 35.0 x 1.76||6.3 Typ|
|AWCCA-TX535315-101||TX Coil||53.0 x 53.0 x 4.5||10.0±10%|
|AWCCA-TX1005545-F002||TX Coil||100.0 x 55.0 x 4.5||11.5 - 12.5±10%|
“This expansion to our existing product offerings will allow Abracon to meet the challenges of providing better power transfer, efficiency, and performance while meeting design engineers’ size and form-factor requirements,” said Justin Fahey, Abracon’s Power & Energy product line manager.
For example, the AWCCA-RX300200-102 delivers high-power density in a compact, low-profile package. The device is suited for a wide range of electronic device designs, including smartphones and other mobile devices, laptops, tablets and e-readers, and headphones.
Durability, miniaturization and safety are the top benefits that wireless charging coils can offer designs. The following are key features of Abracon’s new receiver and transmitter wireless charging coils:
- Durability: The coils affords fully enclosed devices, providing improved shock resistance, weatherproofing and waterproofing.
- Spacing: No required connectors saves design room.
- Reliability: Eliminating external metallic connections simplifies the design and avoids connector failure.
- Safety: The series has controlled power emissions: The transmitter coil does not transmit power unless the receiver coil is in communication/receiving range.
- Price: Eliminates connector cost.
- Convenience: Simply lay the device in designated charging area.
The AWCCA-TX535315-101 satisfies the MP-A2 Qi standard set by the Wireless Power Consortium. Read Abracon’s “Considerations When Designing a Wireless Charging System” white paper to learn about Qi technology and choosing the ideal coil to satisfy design needs.
READ MORE ARTICLES