Established in 1992, Abracon has become an industry leader in passive electronic components, providing specialized timing, magnetic, and RF & connectivity solutions. With service and quality at the company’s core, Abracon enables innovative IoT solutions. In spite of the challenging business climate caused by COVID-19, Abracon is thriving and growing by providing components that are needed to manufacture the electronic devices that are becoming increasingly ubiquitous in our technology-driven world. We are currently gearing up for the next phase of our digital evolution.
We are looking for an experienced professional to fill the position of Full Stack Software Developer. You will be responsible for end-to-end software development in a managed cloud environment. This is a full-time position that may start as Work from Home, but will eventually report into corporate headquarters in Spicewood, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing IT team, where your visibility and impact will be far greater than in a huge organization.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and improve existing web applications within standard business areas, such as Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, and Inventory; design and build new web applications
- Work closely with stakeholders to elicit and analyze business requirements and constraints, and to design applications that deliver optimum solutions and meet organizational objectives
- Write front-end and back-end code
- Design, build, and maintain databases that support applications
- Test, troubleshoot, debug, deploy, and support web applications
- Stay current and help evolve our technology stack and development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years of professional full stack experience in an enterprise environment
- Expert-level coding skills across the full stack, such as:
- Experience with modern PHP frameworks, such as Laravel, and the MVC model
- Discipline and excellence in writing structured, readable, maintainable, and secure code
- A strong understanding and practical application of design patterns and best practices
- Experience creating responsive web applications
- Proficiency in modern IDE and source control systems
- Functional knowledge in standard business disciplines, such as Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, and Inventory
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience in the following
- Developing in AWS Cloud
- Server configuration related to web apps
- Setting up automated QA testing
- Agile methodology
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great software that enables an excellent user experience.
- You have a strong aptitude for problem-solving and getting things done.
- You have a desire to be part of a team focused on transformative change.
- You are great at designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have the soft skills required to be successful in a professional enterprise - communication, organization, time management, collaboration, cooperation, respect, team building, etc.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with matching
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and Disability insurance
View all career postings