We are looking for an Accounting Manager in either our Spicewood, TX office. This team member will be responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department and ensure accounts are finalized within set deadlines and according to company’s accounting regulations.
- Developing the company’s financial and accounting policies, workflows, and methods after consultation with the Controller and/or CFO
- Auditing accounts to ensure they comply with the company’s policy regulations
- Providing all accounting reports and documents needed by the Controller, CFO, and the company’s external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Evaluating the company’s financial transactions to ensure they comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assist with applying for state SUI/SIT and filling the company’s state/federal tax
- Coordinate Corporate compliance on business insurance process & audit
- Month end financial analysis and prepare accurate and timely financial reports for management
- Continuous improvement to financial and operating policies, procedures, and processes that improve consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of reporting and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for mentoring and professional development of financial accounting team members
- Provide support and coordination of reporting activities for operations across international entities
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Work closely with internal and external partners both in the Americas and abroad.
- Leadership and people management skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently
- Flexibility to finding the best approach towards a solution to make an informed decision
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 3+ years related experience and/or training.
- CPA preferred.
- Preferably from a product industry with experience in inventory.
- Previous experience and familiarity with Sage and usage across international entities.
Come join our team! Excellence through teamwork drives the company culture at Abracon. With a broad portfolio of passive and electromechanical timing, synchronization, power, connectivity and RF antenna solutions, and more, Abracon helps engineers transform their ideas into products that meet future customer needs. For more information about Abracon, visit www.abracon.com
View all career postings